Friday, February 4, 2011

Oatmeal Box

In my 'eating healthier' quest I've been eating oatmeal every day. Not the nasty little packeted oatmeal, but instead homemade oatmeal with things I add here. My favorite is adding a few walnuts and some maple. It's a packed breakfast. Oatmeal is great for cholesterol and is a good way to get healthy carbs into my diet. Yesterday I went to Trader Joes, and bought some steel cut oats, and also a barley/oat/rye mixture. It's really good! Takes a few minutes to cook and is so delicious! The barley and rye add a little bit more oomph and we all know how healthy barley is. Rye, is also great for cholesterol, and vitamins just like oats and barley.

It's kind of sad to me, to realize that this healthy easy breakfast has been thrown into gross packets that are just a mere shadow of the real thing, which is so good with fruits, nuts, or even on it's own.

The only negative, is this skit from Sesame street keeps running through my head.. Oh well, I'll live. And oatmeal boxes are really good for a creative mind. I wonder if I could use them to store another kind of fiber... hmmmmm


No comments:

Post a Comment