Friday, January 28, 2011

Bonding Time

When we in Astoria Oregon last summer, we bought 2 beautiful paintings on fabric of adorable little beach houses from a woman who was really attached to them, and asked us where they were going to live, and said with dismay 'you're buying those? I loved those 2..' I think I am the same way about handspun goods. I bond to each one individually.
 This is the note that I just sent my sister on Facebook. I had spun a spectacular blue and yarn, plied it, cabled it, and mom had knit it into my favorite hat pattern with the thought of sending her this little gem..
Who could send this little adorable hat into the world??
 
Thank you for the hat that mom just finished for you and I just stole! We'll be making you another one shortly! She'll probably be done with it by the end of the week. You wouldn't have liked the gray and blue coloration anyway, you need more of a red and brown, or cream hat don't you think?
 We have lots of yarn, more hats are always forthcoming here.

1 comment: