Tuesday, May 24, 2011

It's Not Your Birthday

Ok really it is. Well, it was mine. Luckily I don't like birthdays, or birthday parties, and the ballgame I was going to go to and didn't was cool and cloudy, and the Mariners lost. What did I do instead?

Well, I got another 2 squares done for the 1or2 blanket. And I took a nap. And I ate a delicious lunch of Morningstar farms ribs, (really, they do taste like real ribs). And I spent 4 hours sitting in a waiting room while Kevin had surgery on his hand. Yup, this birthday is only eclisped by the one where I had to put my dog to sleep on, don't worry, it was health related, and expected, but not a good birthday.

However, I will say waiting rooms are fascinating. Especially surgical ones where you don't need to worry about people being sick and making you sick by coughing all over the place. Things overheard in the waiting room, are fascinating, and I can spend hours knitting and listening to them. And isn't it amazing how not everyone knits, or crochets in this situation? What do they DO? I mean, reading is fine, but in reality, I like to concentrate on a book. In a waiting room you're, well, waiting. And re-reading the same chapter 20 times isn't my idea of a good time. I did have several people ask me what I was doing. Had I thought about it more, I might have brought a drop spindle. Though maybe that would have distracted the nurses too much, I mean, I do want them thinking about the patients.

And speaking of patients, Kevin is fine, the hand is feeling pretty good, and we enjoyed a nice relaxing evening watching American Idol and The Biggest Loser (thank goodness for DVR). Now it's a brace for 2 weeks, and then a cast for 6-8(!) Evidently he is on forced summer vacation this year. His shoulder is still in a brace too, so he is still essentially armless.

All in all, it was a memorable day. And now I am going to bed. Go Scotty :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday. I don't like birthday's either, so I can relate.

    A few years ago, our bunny passed on my birthday, she was old, it was expected but still a bummer.

    I hope Kevin is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete