Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Am I crazy?

Every year, for the past 3 years we have adopted a family for Christmas. We cut down drastically on how much we spend on each other, and instead bring some joy to someone who has a lot less. This year, we've adopted 4 teenage boys.

Yesterday their lists came in the mail, and like always I was surprised by the gift suggestions, clothes, winter clothing, and coats feature heavily.

These are kids who are in foster care, in group homes, or in severely poverty stricken families. They are fighting to stay afloat in the world.

So is it crazy to think about knitting each one a hat and scarf? Can I get this done in time? I only have about 3 weeks. Everyone loves a challenge but this is a biggie. That's 4 scarves, 4 hats, plus other holiday shopping to do. Not to mention that nasty little thing called work. And I have to shop for yarn first, because I think they should be superwash.

Oh well, at least I'm not considering knitting them all sweaters - at least not seriously. I don't think..

No comments:

Post a Comment