Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spring Depression

It was 70 degrees here today. Yes, you read that right, ok, maybe it was 66, but the point was it was warm, the wind was mild, and it was lovely. Except for the lack of flowers. But the grass is turning green. I got outside and got the rest of the garden plot here turned over, and pulled up some weeds. I also planned a new little patio area, and another garden plot. Hopefully we'll get this done soon. Of course, this might be hard because, it is supposed to snow. Yes, you read that right, s-n-o-w. And back to low 40's. AUUUUGH! Why can't it just stay warm??? This makes me so depressed. To live somewhere, where I can't even live in the present, because it just starts a countdown to winter again. I know it's silly, but it's how I feel. I need to get out of here. 9 weeks before our EPIC ADVENTURE. I can not wait.

To cheer myself up, I made shrimp barley risotto with garlic, onions and spinach mixed in. Oh, so so good! I love risotto, I think I am Italian in reality (not really). It's my 4 week anniversary of not eating meat besides fish. I am so happy with this decision, especially as I'm watching Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. He is an amazing chef, and that is a great show. Check it out, but you'll be a little shocked by what you see. It might be enough to turn you off of meat, or at least off of processed food..

Speaking of food, did you know that the average American eats over 3,700 calories. That is a huge amount for a sedentary lifestyle. No wonder there are so many issues with obesity, and health problems. Food is your fuel, are you fueling your body with junk, or with high octane?

No comments:

Post a Comment