Sunday, April 3, 2011

April Showers

Actually we've had weather in the 40's, and even 50!! Yes, 50 degrees! It's so lovely and warm. I'm not sure what will happen when we reach 65, people are already in shorts driving with the windows open. In reality, it's a soggy mess outside, but we can all pretend that spring is here. A brown soggy spring, but spring nonetheless.

The dogs and I have started a daily walking effort. This I am hoping to continue till we leave for our EPIC ADVENTURE in June. We're averaging 5k, 4 days a weeks, and generally one more shorter day too. Unless it rains, then we stay home. People look at you very oddly when you're jogging down the street with a German Shepherd and a Pomeranian trotting beside you. Believe it or not, Ramya the Pomeranian loves to jog, she doesn't know she's little. Yesterday, we walked right before dusk and were rewarded by 2 deer watching us. I didn't think to take a picture, nothing prettier than deer, I love seeing them around here. On the health front, this is a concession to the fact that I dropped the health club membership, and vowed to exercise on nice days outside. Inside we, ok I, am doing exercise videos, which I strangely enjoy. It's rather puzzling really. Since Jan 1st, I've lost 25 pounds, but that is secondary to health. Or so I keep telling myself, but then again, I keep recording the weight too.

For some reason I decided to spin this merino really fine, and I haven't been devoting the time to it like I should. that said, I think it will be done and plied during the Mariners game tomorrow. Spinning and baseball are both so relaxing that when combined, it's like the ultimate zen meditation routine, but with a happy productive (Mariners 2-1!! and pretty yarn!!) outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment