Wednesday, April 20, 2011

If Nature Won't give you Color - Make the Color Yourself!

This is the scene that greeted me this morning.
We are back to the gray, light gray, and white colorscheme outside.

It's going to be awhile before I can get things growing.
And it's ALMOST MAY PEOPLE!

So I made myself some yarn flowers..

Using 3 skeins I spun last night.

If I stare at it hard enough, it will make me forget the snow outside..
Or not. Sigh.



Thanks to the yarn models: Superwash Corriedale in Party Dress (blue green red) from Spunky Eclectic (a very old club color that had been hiding at the bottom of my stash) - Fresh Cut from knittyandcolor, the pink and green. And Hollyhocks from a local dyer - alpaca/silk blend in pink and yellow.

Hopefully I won't run out of spring colors before we actually get a week without snow..

No comments:

Post a Comment