Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Raindrops on Roses


And whiskers on kittens



Bright copper kettles

and warm woolen mittens er yarn, er, mittens to be?

Bright paper packages tied up with strings, (especially new fiber!)

these are a few of my favorite things!

We'll end there before I get to snowflakes, which I appreciate, but I feel should stay on mountaintops to be enjoyed from a distance, not on my nose and eyelashes.

 
TV isn't a waste of time if you're spinning yarn, right? Because I just spent an entire evening watching reality shows and loving it, though I'm not sure I'm pleased with who won Top Chef this season. Survivor looks really interesting this year, now that I have DVR I actually manage to watch that, before DVR I always, always missed it for one reason or another.

I'm working on some Ashland Bay Merino/silk tonight, that looks kind of like the stormy night that was outside the windows. I think storms remind us of how lucky we are to live in a warm, weather proof house, but it also brings to mind the need for warm scarves, hats, mittens and sweaters. I wonder what the yarn I spun tonight will turn into?

Mercury approves of lazy evenings at home

No comments:

Post a Comment