Monday, September 27, 2010

Dear Kenny

Dear Kenny,

Please don't think that my new obsession with Spencer Day has any bearing on our relationship.

I realize that you and I are soulmates, and that you sing directly to me, when you're singing. I know you even wrote On the Coast of Somewhere Beautiful about me. We won't even talk about Soul of a Sailor, or The Road and the Radio. I am still going to knit you a cover for your guitar case, and we can totally discuss the marriage and kid thing. I'd never rule it out.

Spencer Day is merely a young man who caught my fancy. I mean, can I be blamed for haunting iTunes waiting for Hemingway's Whiskey to come out. And when I heard his soulful amazing voice, it made me feel things, especially Someday and Out of My Hands Obviously I am seriously conflicted right now. But never fear dear Kenny, Spencer, will never hold my heart the way you do. He's just my rainy day melancholy boy with the amazing voice. He will never replace you.

I mean, here I am, listening to your new CD as it downloads. I downloaded it as soon as it was available. I practically shut iTunes down attempting to get the copy first. Did I do that for Spencer? Absolutely not, his CD had been out a year before I found it. And only for you, did I stay home to watch Invitation Only (I realize my invite was lost in the mail, I understand). I even finished your blue mittens for you while watching! I know you don't need them in the islands but I thought maybe you'd be coming north for the holidays.

I will listen to you all night dear Kenny, especially Seven Days and Coastal. It makes me fall in love all over again. And remember, I can quit my job any day to move down south. Just whisper the words..

Your Soulmate

No comments:

Post a Comment