Friday, December 10, 2010

Fire And Ice

Once thing I love about spinning is being able to switch from project to project randomly and just as I'd like to. An average skein of yarn, takes me around 3 hours start to finish, so I can get one done in an evening, or at least a few a week. And that lets me switch from color to color to color all the time.

Thriller BFL - Destined to be a hat October TPT Club

Temperature Flux Corriedale X November TPT club

Here are the 2 I finished this week. Both Club fibers from The Painted Tiger, but one is all fire and one is ice. I can't decide which one I like better...

I love this hat!

Last night, I looked around and realized that everyone had handknits on as well. My mom was sporting a 100% alpaca hat she'd crocheted, along with the drop stitch scarf I'd done the other week, and fingerless mitts. Kevin had on a handknit hat out of wool. Cory had on a handknit hat out of llama, and Devin one out of Merino. I had on fingerless mitts, and another drop stitch scarf. It was fun to see them all in use, though personally I'd be fine with them all being stored while we walked on a warm sandy beach too..

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the spinning. The hat and the boy are quite cute.

    It's nice to see handknits get well used and loved.

    ReplyDelete