Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Ply

I dug out 2 containers of yarn singles on Sunday and started to ply these. Before I started Navajo plying everything, I used to wind all my singles into a center pull ball, and then ply them later. That meant procrastination was the order of the day. Anyway, my ply party paid off and I got 13 or so skeins of yarn finished and waiting to be washed. I still have several more balls to go, but I'm down to a bunch of laceweight for the moment and I'll put that off for a bit.

To celebrate I dug through the new box of stash enhancement I bought (hey it was a great deal, how could I possibly pass it up!?) and spun and N-plyed this tonight. Merino-tencel, so pretty, so soft!

Now I need to sort through the remaining stash enhancement and get it put away. Amazing how easy it is to put off tiny things like housework and instead spin, or knit. Though I have hit on pay dirt. We started a point chart - do a chore, earn a point or 2. At the end of the month, the winner gets to pick an activity to do. This is proving more effective than I originally thought. We are now having races to the garbage can to empty it. It may be in part to the threat that my activity would be a visit to a yarn store. I have no idea why others object to this. Silly people!

No comments:

Post a Comment