Sunday, July 18, 2010

Only I'd do this..

.. Spend a large amount of money on a spinning wheel specifically to travel with and then realize that fitting 5 people, 2 dogs, a waffle iron, and clothing in a mini van may not actually leave space for the wheel. Note, I do love my Rose though, by far an amazing wheel and now my constant spinner.

But I have a vision of spinning at the ocean. What to do? Well, watch the Princess Bride while spinning lovely Falkland fiber and ignoring all the packing to do is the first step.

Trying to figure out whether I have time and money to buy and ship a Roadbug wheel out to my sister's house is another step.

The last, is looking at drop spindles. I have only spindled once, on a heavy bottom whorl spindle. Could I actually spin on one? I don't know. I have 2 weeks to figure it out. I have no coordination to speak of, I can barely managed to knit. I am not sure that I have the capabilities to use something that according to it's name drops. And then there is the problem of which one to get. There are a zillion of them, and it's ultra confusing. Touring Etsy stores leaves me befuddled and torn between which is best. But, they're all cheaper than the Roadbug, though the Roadbug is incredibly adorable and little. I don't know.





Still spinning for the TDF though, and still watching - GO ANDY!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment