Thursday, May 13, 2010

Fiber Fiber Everywhere and Nary a Thing to Wear!

The good part of having a lot of fiber is that we have a blizzard and lose power, we have additional insulation in the house. And if Walmart goes out of business, we have a way to make clothes.

Then there is the fact that the cats love to snuggle in fiber. And of course it's squishable art! A squishy squooshy, palette of color, texture and gorgeous possibility.

But could there be too much fiber? Nah! Never! Which is why on Saturday, I attended Shepherd's Harvest Festival in Lake Elmo MN. I love this fest! Normally I go both days, but my paying job has been horrendously busy and didn't allow me to go on Sunday. But I certainly still had enough time to shop. And shop some more. My goals this year:

1 - Not buy any fleece. Nope! Not any fleece. Cause I still have a ton to process here.

2 - Not buy anything I can dye at home.

3 - Not buy anything that required a cage or food.

With those goals in mind what did I buy?

A pile of roving, all soft sqooshy and lovely. And I also got 3 gorgeous little baskets that hold anything from the TV remote to a water bottle (clever eh?!)

Alas, even though I did meet my goals, these new acquisitions did cause my poor wool closet to explode. Which lead to todays project. Sort through the wool. I also wanted to get a bunch ready to send to a mill for processing.

Now pride prevented pictures of the 'during' part of my wool remodel. Simply picture a living room where 27 sheep, 12 alpacas, and a bunch of kool-aid have exploded into a riot of squishable stuff.That would pretty much cover it.

Tonight, 10 hours later, I am left with remants of wool laying around, 2 rubbermaid containers still hanging out (the resident fiber there is going to a new home) , and an organized closet. It'll stay that way till the new wool typhoon hits..

41210 022

But look at how pretty the closet is! And think of all the possibilities!




No comments:

Post a Comment