Monday, November 28, 2011

What Does a Plant Based Person Eat?

I have actual knitting (and spinning!) content coming along with a recap from the weekend. But right now the car is halfway unpacked, the living room is halfway packed, I have a dog with an upset tummy, 2 other clean happy ones, 2 cats who are being their normal obnoxious selves, and 1 cat who is upset that he didn't come on vacation with me. So pardon the fact I haven't found the yarn spun (and plied!!!) or taken pictures yet. There's still tonight.

Instead, I'm going to talk about dinner. Dinner is always lovely. In the midst of chaos, we will not be eating out, nor will we be eating frozen pizza, burgers, or other sundry foods. Dinner tonight? 1 large can of black beans, 1 can of kidney beans, 1 can of stewed tomatoes, 1 cup of salsa and a quart of vegetable stock. I added some nutritional yeast, a little paprika and let it cook. Once it's heated through and the flavors have merged I'll add 1 cup of frozen corn and a package of raw spinach then heat again. Delicious, fast, protein packed, nutritious and fat and animal product free.

Insert picture. You know. If I knew whether the camera was still in the car or if it's in the living room. Most likely it's where the bag of spices are that we meant to take with us on the trip.. You know the ones I use every day. Which wasn't on the trip with us, and appears to not be here either. Can a bag vaporize?

No comments:

Post a Comment