Monday, October 15, 2012

It Can't Always Be Sunshine and Roses

We got out first good rainstorm the last few days. I'll leave out the details about how Ramses refused to go outside in the rain, or the story of making sure everything was rainerized that I thought already was, but it wasn't cause I didn't anticipate the way the wind would blow here.

Saturday, we headed out to a fiber fest a couple hours away. It was cute, small, and only very slightly damp. I picked up a little bit of Merino/alpaca/silk roving, natural colored, and a graduated batt. It was fun to look at yarn and fiber, something that has been woefully lacking. Though I have been spinning a little bit, and knitting some too in between beach trips, gardening, and hours spent wandering around the yard.

See the shawl on the left? Yup, knitted that, then mom crocheted an
edge. (she is the person on the right). This was a good plan, as the
pattern I was using morphed from easy to clearly wrong, and
if it hadn't been crocheted, it'd still be here rather than on the person
it was made for (person on the left).

 

Lovely fiber, but I can't wait to start that new batt..

Some may think this looks gloomy, but I think it looks a heck
of a lot better than a blizzard!

No comments:

Post a Comment